What he does:
- Software development on search and maps.
Math on the job:
- Jonathan's work involves expected run-time of search algorithms.
- He received a Bachelor of Science in both Computer Science and Mathematics from the University of Washington, Summer 2006.
- Jonathan's interest in mathematics came at a very early age, when he was taught mathematics by his father, who happens to be an actuary.
Advice for students:
- It is important to concentrate on the early (300-level) classes and to be sure to understand the fundamentals taught in them. Otherwise, even if you study very hard for the higher level classes, you won't have the proper foundation to succeed.