Sara Billey's Lectures
Some Lectures by Sara Billey
Department of Mathematics
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4350
email: billey at-sign math.washington.edu
- Enumeration of Parabolic Double Cosets for Coxeter Groups given at Herstmonceaux Castle in England at "Algebraic Combinatorics and Group Actions Conference" June 12, 2016.
- LSU Student Colloquium Lectures: Trees, Tanglegrams, and
Tangled Chains and
Enumeration of Parabolic Double Cosets, Leap Day February 29, 2016.
- Trees, Tanglegrams, and
Tangled Chains Discrete Math Conference at Worcester Poly
Tech on September 12, 2015. See also the
video version from BIRS Workshop on "Positivity in Algebraic
Combinatorics" August 15-16, 2015.
- Computer Proofs:
Coming Soon to a Theorem Near You Mathday, 2015.
A video version comes in two parts: Part I and
Part II .
- Quasisymmetric Functions
June 9-13, 2014. Three lecture series at ECCO at Universidad de Los Andes, Bogota Colombia.
- Math inspired by origami
Mathday March 24, 2014. Based on work by Butler,
Demaine, Graham, and Tachi.
Graphs and a Signed Little Bijection AMS-MAA Joint Meetings
January 17, 2014. Joint with Zach Hamaker, Austin Roberts and
Ben Young. Extended version given at Stanford and Berkeley in
- Patterns in Permutations and Diagrams ICERM
Febrary 11, 2013,
- Consequences of the
Lakshmibai-Sandhya Theorem Four lectures plus supporting
materials written for MSJ-SI 2012
Schubert calculus held in Osaka, Japan. July 2012.
- Recent advances in symmetric functions and tableaux combinatorics
Current Problems Seminar, UW. March 1, 2012.
- An Introduction to the
Combinatorics and Geometry of Schubert Varieties
Nebraska Conference for
Undergraduate Women in Mathematics, January 28, 2012.
- Consequences of the Lakshmibai-Sandhya Theorem
AWM 40th Anniversary Conference --Sept 18, 2011.
- Mathematics of the Web
written for Mathday -- March 21, 2011.
- Rank Varieties
written for CMS Special Session in Vancouver, December 2010.
- A Stratification of the Space of
written for Combinatorics 2010: Advances, Trends and Speculations -- March 26, 2010.
- An Introduction to
written for MSRI -- Connections Workshop, January 2009.
- Affine Colored Partitions and
written for AMS Special Session, January 2008.
- A computational approach to
Schubert varieties written for Sage Days 2007. Also includes open
problems on computer verification techniques and SAGE Dreams.
- Grassmannians and Other Schubert Varieties
IMA Workshop on "What is Algebraic Geometry?"
- Intersecting Schubert Varieties
Chennai Mathematical Institute (similar to talks given in Berkeley
and UBC during the spring of 2005)
- FPSAC 2005
- Schubert Varieties under a Microscope
given at the AMS Summer Institute in Algebraic Geometry in Seattle.
Last modified: Tue Dec 8 14:11:41 PST 2009