How to open the Excel and Solver?
I. On your personal PC with MS Office.
1) Excel is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office. Click the “EXCEL” icon to open it. Alternatively, use the search tool accessible from the start button on your desktop to locate “EXCEL”.
2) Once Excel is opened, you may need load Solver into Excel. Click the “Tools” button in the Excel banner menu. If you find Solver in the Tools menu, you’re ready to use Solver. If you do not find Solver in the Tools menu, then proceed to Step 3 below.
3) First, in Excel, click Tools->Macro->Security and set the Security level be medium (otherwise you will not be able to open Solver).
4) Next go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\Solver and click on “SOLVER”, it will automatically be added to Excel. Alternatively, use the search tool accessible from the start button on your desktop to locate “Solver”. Click on “Solver”, it will automatically be added to Excel
5) Verify that Solver has been installed by returning to Excel. Click on the Excel Tools button and locate Solver in the Tools menu. To run solver just click on this menu item.
II. On the MSCC PCs.
1) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office, double-click the application file "EXCEL" to open it. In the Excel toolbar, choose Tools->Add-Ins. In the Add-Ins dialog box set "Solver Add-In" and click "OK". Solver will then show in the Tools menu.