Math 444 Grading Formula
The Math 444 grades will be the average of three components.
The grades for the individual components will be computed as explained below. Some
extra credit is also possible.
- Tests - 60% - (Quizzes 15%, Midterm 15%, Final Exam 30%)
- Homework Assignments - 25%
- Class Participation and Presentations - 15%
- Test Grade Average
- The test grade average percentage will be converted to a grade from 0.0 to 4.3.
- 85% 4.3
- 80% 4.0
- 70% 3.0
- 60% 2.0
- 50% 1.0
- 45% 0.0
- HW grades
- The homework grade percentage will be converted to a grade from 0.0 to 4.3.
- 90% 4.3
- 85% 4.0
- 75% 3.0
- 65% 2.0
- 55% 1.0
- 50% 0.0
- Class Participation and Presentations
- The Class Participation and Presentations grade will range
from 0.0 to 4.5. It will be
based on various forms of participation:
- Participation during class includes taking part actively in small group
work, contributing to discussions and giving high-quality presentations at
the board. (Class attendance is of course a necessary condition for this
- Contributions to online discussions on
the class email list are expected and will count significantly.
- Later in the quarter, each student will
assigned a topic for a videotaped presentation and summary of a topic
- Extra Credit
- Extra credit for the homework grade may be earned by doing the
occasional problem on the assignment sheet designated as extra credit or by
arranging extra problems or other work directly with the instructor.
Back to Math 444 Home Page.