- A note to the student.
- What you must purchase:
- A "WebAssign access code". You can purchase a
standalone access code which includes the ebook directly from the
publisher at the
website for $82.50, or at the bookstore for $94.50 (you will
eventually get a 10% rebate of some sort if you purchase at the
bookstore). Read these WebAssign
instructions before you buy online.
- A Ti-30x IIS Calculator -- $14.95 at the bookstore.
- A "WebAssign access code". You can purchase a standalone access code which includes the ebook directly from the publisher at the Cengage website for $82.50, or at the bookstore for $94.50 (you will eventually get a 10% rebate of some sort if you purchase at the bookstore). Read these WebAssign instructions before you buy online.
- Recommended Textbook -- The textbook for the course is
"Calculus, 7th Edition, Early
Transcendentals" by Stewart. An electronic version is included with
your purchase of a WebAssign access code, so a paper copy is not
required. We do recommend that you read the textbook, and a paper copy
will make that easier. An older edition of the paper textbook will
serve just as well, and will cost significantly less. Some used custom
versions of this textbook (volume 1 covers math124 and math125) may be
available at the UW bookstore.
- All homework is accessed and turned in online using
You will automatically be registered in the correct WebAssign section
on the first day of classes. You won't be able to access the homework
until then. You must enter your accesss code within two weeks of that
day. Read these instructions to learn How to login
to WebAssign and purchase an access code
Math 124/5/6 Grade Policy. Beginning Autumn 2012, the
department of mathematics has adopted a grade policy for this
course. The median course grades for each lecture section of Math
124/5/6 taught during the regular academic year will fall within the
range of 2.9 +/- 0.2. This policy does not apply to the honors
sections of Math 124/5/6.
- What if the Calculus
class I wish to add is closed?
- Worksheets -- You are responsible for bringing a printout
of the correct worksheet to quiz section every Tuesday. Don't do the
worksheet at home, you will complete the worksheet in class. Pdf's of
each individual worksheet can be found in the Outline table
below. Alternatively, click here for
a pdf file with all of the
worksheets for the quarter together in one file.
- Final Exam is Saturday December 10:
Ground Rules and Rooms.
- Some instructors will use assigned seating for the final exam. Consult with your course instructor for more details.
- Petitions for alternatives to the common final are usually granted only for religious reasons, reasons of health, or extraordinary circumstances of grave personal import. Petitions are available in the Student Services Office, C-36 Padelford and should be filed by the end of the sixth week of the quarter. Please provide appropriate written documentation to support your petition. Approval of petitions is not automatic. Plans for sporting events, travel or work on exam day, etc. do not constitute extraordinary circumstances. If you are petitioning, you will also want to notify your instructor.
|Week||Outline/Study Guide||Exam Archive||Topics and Textbook Sections|
||MIDTERM #1 ARCHIVE||
||MIDTERM #2 ARCHIVE||