- A note to the student.
- What you need to purchase:
- The textbook for the course is "Calculus" by Stewart, vol.1 available in the UW bookstore. This is a portion of the hardbound text "Calculus, 7th Edition, Early Transcendentals" by Stewart. Either text will work. The custom version vol. 1 covers Math 124/125 at UW. The custom version vol. 2 covers Math 126/324 at UW.
- In addition to the textbook, you will need a "WebAssign access code". You can purchase this code (which includes the ebook) bundled with the textbook at the bookstore OR you can purchase a standalone access code which includes the ebook (if you already have the textbook or locate a used copy) directly from the publisher at this website for $70. Read these instructions before you purchase an access code
- All homework is accessible and turned in online usingWebAssign. Homework is NOT posted
on the course website.
Math 124/5/6 Grade Policy. Beginning Autumn 2012,
the department of mathematics has adopted a grade policy for
this course. The final median course grades for each lecture section of Math 124/5/6 taught during the
regular academic year will fall within
the range of 2.9 +/- 0.2. This policy does not apply to the honors sections of Math 124/5/6.
- What if the Calculus class I wish to add is closed?
- You should be persistent in frequently checking for openings online, which are filled on a first-come/first-served basis. During the first week, the enrollment status of a class can change hourly; it really pays to check frequently. There are no overloads or waiting lists. In most quarters almost all persistent students who want to take the course will find an opening sooner or later (but after the first week there may be a late fee).
- Whether or not you are officially enrolled, you should choose a class and start attending both lectures and quiz sections from the very first day. You should do any worksheets or quizzes. You will NOT be able to access homework until you are officially enrolled in the class.
- Important material is covered in the first week, and it is necessary to be in class and do the work during this period. All students are graded in the same way, and no student is excused from the first week's work.
- Students who cannot enroll in an on-campus section of Math 124, may register for Math 124M, an online section of Math124, which features online videos from an on-campus section of the course. This section has exactly the same syllabus, textbook, and homework assignments as all other sections. Registered students must take two in-person midterms, and the same common final as the on-campus sections of Math 124.
Here is a pdf file with all of the worksheets for the quarter
together in one file. Please download and print out this file,
and bring all of them with you to every quiz section meeting.
- Final Exam:
Date, Ground Rules and Rooms.
Special Note: Some instructors will use assigned seating for the final exam. Consult with your course instructor for more details.
|Week||Outline/Study Guide||Exam Archive||Topics and Textbook Sections|
||MIDTERM #1 ARCHIVE||
||MIDTERM #2 ARCHIVE||