Math 126 Materials Website
This page contains information for instructors and students of Math 126.
- Note to the students
- Sample Schedule (Sections and Topics covered in a typical quarter)
- Math 124/5/6 Grade Policy: Beginning Autumn 2012,
the department of mathematics has adopted a grade policy for
this course. The final median course grades for each lecture section of Math 124/5/6 taught during the
regular academic year will fall within
the range of 2.9 +/- 0.2. This policy does not apply to the honors sections of Math 124/5/6.
- Required Materials:
- All students need an access code for Webassign. If you purchased
an access code for Math 124/5, you do not need a new code.
If you need to buy Webassign access, you may purchase it, along with
an electronic copy of the text,
directly from the publisher at this website for $70:
- If you want a physical copy of the text, purchase "Calculus" by Stewart, vol. 2, from the UW bookstore. This is a portion of the hardbound text
"Calculus, 7th Edition,
Early Transcendentals" by Stewart.
The custom version vol. 1 covers Math 124/125 at UW.
The custom version vol. 2 covers Math 126/324 at UW.
- At the end of the quarter, we will work from these Taylor Notes.
- Exams and Quizzes:
- All sections will have two midterms and one (commonly written) final exam during the quarter.
- During exams, students may use a scientific calculator and one sheet (8.5x11-inches, both sides) of hand-written notes. (A scientific calculator includes sin, cos, tan, and ln buttons and no more than two-line display. Graphing calculators and programmable calculators are not allowed. The bookstore carries
a few scientific calculators that are $10-$15: TI-30XIIs, TI-30Xa, and Sharp EL 500, for example.)
- Instructors may also give quizzes. Individual instructors may set their own policies for notes and calculators on quizzes.
- Archive of Old Exams:
- Worksheets: Instructors may have students work on worksheets during some quiz sections.
(This directory of worksheets contains some worksheets that were used in previous quarters. The syllabus has changed significantly since these were created---if an instructor wishes to use these worksheets, they will need to be modified for timing and content.)
- Here are some additional materials from previous instructors.